The Opportunity of a Lifetime for First Time Homebuyers!
Are you a first time home buyer?
If you are a first time homebuyer, you may qualify for $15,000 through the NC Down payment Assistance Program! There’s no catch. If you live in the following counties, then you may be eligible:
First time home buyers who qualify could get $15,000 in down payment assistance in the form of of a five-year deferred loan with zero interest financed by the North Carolina Housing Finance Agency when combined with the agency’s 30 year fixed-rate NC Home Advantage Mortgage. The downpayment loan if forgiven by 20% for each full year you stay in the home. This means if you live in the home for five full years, you won’t be required to pay it back!
How do I know if I qualify for down payment assistance?
- You are a first time home buyer or have not owned a home in 3 years
- Your income does not exceed the program limits
- You purchase an existing home under $245,000
- You buy in one of the five targeted counties
- Your credit score is 640 or higher
- You complete the homebuyer education course in person or online
What if I’m not a first time home buyer?
If you’re not a first time homebuyer or are not purchasing a home in one of the five targeted counties, you may STILL be eligible for up to 5% downpayment assistance with the NC Home Advantage Mortgage.
Contact Danielle Edwards with REMAX Executive Realty for all of your Real Estate needs and Jeff Gilmore with Fairway Mortgage for questions about a home loan!
Listing agent Danielle Edwards