SELLER HOME CHECKLIST
What YOU should do before selling your home!
- Clear access to crawl space, water heater, garage walls & HVAC systems
- Make sure your splash blocks are in tack and water is draining away from the house.
- Gutters are cleaned
- Check wood trim for softness and caulk
- Steps check for loose bricks
- Handrails – check for any loose ones
- Deck- rotted boards
- Crawl space- check for mold on floor joists, fallen insulation, standing water.
- Hose bibs are not loose are leaking
- Retaining wall- is it cracking? leaning?
- Garage door functioning and auto reverse works
- Garage wall free of termite tubes
- Any holes in the walls that would affect fire rating?
- Check all windows for opening and closing
- Do the windows stay up on their own?
- Broken seals or foggy windows?
- Outlets working
- Missing doorstops
- Ceiling fans work
- Consider getting carpet cleaned or stretched
KITCHEN AND BATHROOMS
- Fill all sink basins, drain, check for leaks
- Check disposal and dishwasher
- Check all burners and elements work on stove
- Check counter and splash block for caulking
- Check for loose tiles
- Check toilet for cracks and movement
- Check toilet shut off/on valve to make sure not rusted and causes leaks
- Make sure hot water is on the left and cold is on the right
- Check laundry connection for leaks
- Check water heater for leaks
- Check for tripped and missing breakers
VIDEO ON MY TOP THREE PET PEEVES WHEN SELLING YOUR HOME
Granted you do not have to FIX all these things. But, it gives you a head start.
Before and After photo of a recent listing. WOWZA!
The top items I see on inspection reports are crawl space issues with water intrusion, termites, wood rot, and retaining wall issues.
Good luck in selling your home! If you have any questions feel free to call me…
yes, I will really answer my phone!